terça-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2014

Who am I?


The question 'Who am I?' is the most important question a human being can ask.
To feel some attraction to this question already signals an auspicious life.
From the birth of this body something inside has been saying:
'I am, I want, I know, I love, this is me, this is mine,'
But when asked, What or who is 'I'?
No clear answer is given.
The 'I' itself appears to know many things but it itself it doesn’t know.
What exactly arises as 'I'?
What is the substance of 'I'?
These are the most powerful questions that can emerge inside the human consciousness.
Why powerful?
Because they have the power to break open and dispel every delusion and so remove the ego's grip on us.
Ego is the unreal identity and nature, and makes us feel uneasy in the presence of other beings. It often brings in fear and insecurity, which causes us to hold onto feelings of rejection, jealousy, hatred and desire.
However, by its very nature, ego can also help us to grow in understanding and aspire for lasting freedom by forcing us to seek what is true within ourselves.
Satsang speeds up our liberation.

~ Mooji 



By the enquiry ‘Who am I?’. 
The thought ‘Who am I?’ will destroy all other thoughts, 
and like the stick used for stirring the burning pyre, 
it will itself in the end get destroyed. 
Then, there will arise Self-realization.

Ramana Maharshi


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário